06 January, 2011

Addendum to the Nubbly Scarf saga

So, my brother called me up on his birthday (Jan. 3rd) to tell me he'd just gotten his scarf, he'd been wearing it all day, and he absolutely loved it.  (I will knit for him again.)  Then he said "35 hours, huh?  I had no idea.  I mean, I thought a scarf was a 30 to 90 minute proposition."

Once I stopped laughing, he continued.  "You realize that makes this scarf worth at least...$300.  Right?"  I'm so glad he realizes that my time is worth something!  (I will still knit for him.)

He went on.  "I really had no idea it would take so long.  I mean, people knit scarves all the time.  No one would ever pay what this scarf is worth for a scarf.  Are knitters all people who can't do math?"  (I may have had some issues with math, while I was in school.  I may not knit for him again.)

1 comment:

RobinH said...

Wandered over from a comment on the Yarn Harlot's blog and was amused by your scarf saga...

Clearly your brother does not grok that knitters make scarves because they like to knit, not because they want a scarf. Maybe he needs knitting lessons. :)